Simple nail art

As you know I have a small addiction to nail polish and I like to change the colour of may nails almost on a daily basis. However over the past week I have been trying to give my nails a bit of a rest so they can recover and get healthy, sort of like a detox for my nails.

If you love nail polish as much as I do you will have noticed that your nails start to go a yellowish colour when you have worn nail polish for quite a while and mine also go really weak, they snap and peel at the slightest little thing. I opened my freezer door the other day and the tips just snapped right off. So to get them stronger and looking healthier I have been using Solar Oil Nail and Cuticle Conditioner, it's an almond oil conditioner that you apply to your nails and massage into your cuticles. I have to say that my nails are looking much better and do feel a lot stronger, I haven't experienced any peeling since I started using it.

Last night the bare nails look all got too much for me and I cracked, I couldn't look at my unmanicured hands any longer, so this happened...

 
 
Somehow keeping the colour neutral and the simple heart design made me feel like I was easing my nails back into the routine after a week off, crazy logic I know.
 
I used Models Own Nude Beige as the base, I love this colour it was one of my most worn shades in 2012 and I think it will remain a firm favourite in 2013. Like with all Models Own polishes it has great pigmentation and I only needed two coats to achieve an opaque coverage.
 
I added the simple little heart design using the Models Own Wah Nail Art pen in White, I love these pens as they make it so easy to do any design. I used the nib end of the pen for this and it was soooo simple, trust me if I can do it anyone can!
 
I think the heart looks really cute, simple but effective.
 
Have you tried a nail 'detox' before? What did you use?


Comments

  1. Cute & simple - I am so bad at nail art. I need to start simple & work from there. Nude beige is a lovely colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should give the Models Own pens a go they are really easy to use, I'm terrible with the brushes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts