Bourjois vs Pretty Quik

Ok so it follows suit that if you're a lover of nail polish you need to have a good nail polish remover. Until recently I always just used the liquids but as my bin has started to fill up and my stash of cotton pads is depleting rapidly I decided to take a different approach to nail polish removal.

I had heard good things about the Boujois Magic Nail Polish Remover and it won the Gold Pure Beauty award (which I attended) for Best New Nail Innovation 2012, so I thought this must be good I'll give it a try. However as I am not one to miss out on a bargain I noticed a slightly cheaper version whilst in Boots, I remembered I had read a review on the Pretty Quik Instant Nail Polish Remover and the review was pretty good (see what I did there).


Both products claim to remove nail polish quickly and easily without the use of cotton pads, the Bourjois goes as far as to say the nail polish will be removed in 1 second.
For this experiment I used the same hand (different finger) with the same colour and amount of polish so it was a fair test.
Let's start with the cheaper version, the Pretty Quik Instant Nail Polish Remover (£2.50). Well as you can see from the picture below it didn't do all that well at removing a fairly standard colour of nail polish and I was only wearing two coats. It shouldn't of had to work that hard to remove the polish I had on, my usual liquid had no problem removing it in one sweep. Also it felt really wrong putting my finger in the sponge, I felt like more liquid went up my nails than on the polish. As you can see there was also colour transfer on the rim of the bottle that decided to cling onto my finger meaning I needed to use my liquid remover to get it off my finger anyway.

 

Now the Bourjois Magic product (£4.99) was quick but it did take a little longer than 1 second. The main difference between this product and the Pretty Quik (apart from the efficacy) was the hole in the middle of the sponge, this made it so much easier and no liquid went up my nail making it sting. I put my finger in the bottle and turned it a few times rubbing my nail around the sponge and I have to admit the results were really good. I was so pleased with how well it worked, much better than the cheaper product. This product also contains almond oil which is great for nourishing the nails and it has a really fruity smell, rather than that awful chemical smell, I used this at my desk and nobody even commented on the odour.



So to round up I would say that the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover was very effective and worth paying the extra for. I love how I can just throw this product in my bag without having to chuck a load of cotton pads in too, meaning I'm ready for any nail emergency anytime. No longer will I have to walk round with unsightly chipped nail polish!
Have you tried either of this products, what did you think? Worth the money or not?

Comments

  1. I've used the Bourjois remover and felt it was amazing! I was really hoping that cheaper one would work a little better than it did but it looks quite disappointing.

    But at £4.99 for how well it works and it seems to be lasting me quite a while I can't complain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Pretty Quik and I have the problem you've been describing. It feels like a bit of a waste of time if you have to use standard nail polish remover afterwards anyway! Thanks for the review, I might give Bourjois a go next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dupe / comparison posts. I wont buy the bourjois one again. After a while it doesnt remove your polish as well & I prefer the old method of cotton pad & remover. Esp as I wear alot of glitter polish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the Bourjois one, I didn't find anything better than a cotton pad and remover yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try this!!! Haate removing nail polish so so much! Great informative review :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts