Best Beauty Finds 2012

2012 was an interesting year for me; I re-trained and embarked on a new career, then changed my mind and went back to the old career but in a fantastic new job, I worked on a national campaign with a major beauty/fashion magazine (cough Cosmo) and attended fabulous beauty events, my little girl started big school, my dog died :( and I also took the plunge and started my own blog.
Since starting this blog not only have I been introduced to some fantastic brands and products but my confidence has grown massively. It has helped me rediscover myself, pull me out of my rut and I actually feel quite good about myself these days. So as I leave 2012 behind and look forward to what 2013 has to offer I thought I would give a little shout out to the products and brands that made 2012 that little bit prettier...
 
Beautysets - Best Beauty Finds 2012
Skincare/ Haircare
So as I think back to my first proper blog post (there are a few random others that I carried forward from an old blog), the one that started it all it was all about skincare and the fact I had no routine what so ever! Well thanks to that post I went on to discover some really great skin care brands such as Skinetica and Bioderma. I now use Bioderma every night without fail to cleanse and remove my make up, gone are the days when I wake up with panda eyes. I have really noticed a difference in my skin since using it, I still get break outs but they last nowhere near as long. Which brings me nicely onto Skinetica, this is what I have been searching for all my life, a spot treatment that actually works! Last night I had one of those horrid, hard under the skin spots threatening to take over my chin, but after wiping a little Skinetica over it last night and this morning it has now pretty much disappeared, like magic!
When it comes to haircare I have never really done anything specific or used any special shampoos as my hair isn't in that bad condition, however I was sent some products from the lovely DGJ Organics and I am now thinking speciality hair products are the way forward in 2013. I wont say too much as I will do a full review of the products very soon, so keep a look out...
Nails
Nail polish has always been a passion of mine, I would paint my nails at least once a week and I would treat myself to a new polish if I was going out. Now nail polish had become an obsession rather than a passion and I change the colour of my nails at least four times a week, and sometimes it's every day. I have drastically increased the amount of polishes I own and I bought the Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar as an early Christmas present to myself. I had never bought a Ciate polish before but I had cooed over them plenty of times, it's the bow that does it, I will say though I have bought cheaper polishes that have more pigmentation and staying power so although the colours are amazing I was a tad disappointed.
I also ventured into the world of nail art, I have always wanted to try it out but my unsteady hand has put me off, however the Models Own nail art pens make it soooo easy I was really impressed with my first attempt (full review).
Make-Up
I have tried a lot of make up since starting my blog that I perhaps would not have thought of trying previously, this is all thanks to the lovely bloggers I have started to follow and speak to during the #bbloggers chats.
My absolute favourites have to be the Bobbi Brown foundation stick and the Sleek lipsticks. I was using the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation which I thought was amazing until I tried the Bobbi Brown stick and although I may try others like the Stila foundation I got for Christmas I think I will always have the Bobbi Brown in my make up bag.
I discovered Sleek lipsticks after I got one in my December Glossy Box, I've never really been a lipstick girl I prefer gloss and when I saw the colour I wanted to run a mile. But I took a deep breath and gave it a try and boy am I glad I did. I absolutely love the colour and because I love it I didn't feel in the slightest self conscious when I wore it out, in fact I felt FAB! Thank you Sleek Make Up for bringing me out of my comfort zone and getting me to try lipstick, I may never look back!
Brands
Finally I just thought I would mention a few brands that have made me take notice and really impressed me during 2012..
MUA Cosmetics - What can I say, I have nothing but love for this brand, it may not cost the earth but it certainly isn't cheap. I think I have almost everything there is on their website but at the rate they are releasing new products I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.
Real Techniques - I never used make up brushes before I discovered these, I always used my hands to apply make up or the awful eyeshadow brushes you get in sets. But when I started using the Bobbi Brown stick it sort of became necessary to invest in some brushes and all the bloggers were raving about Real Techniques. I bought the set that included the foundation, powder and eyeshadow brush to start me off but I have a feeling this is another brand I wont be stopping there with. I love how soft they are and I haven't experienced any shedding from them and my make up blends really well, I have never been left with those awful brush marks.
Bobbi Brown - As I mentioned earlier Bobbi Brown will now and forever have a place in my make up bag, not only do I have the foundation stick but I also have the Sheer Pressed Powder and the Hydrating Moisturising Gel which also works as a primer. I have been nothing but thrilled with all three!
Stila - this is a brand I am rediscovering, I used to always use their lip gloss when I was at Uni and had a student loan to burn but then they disappeared from the UK shelves. They have recently returned and I thought I'd give their foundation and eyeshadow pallets a try and again I have been impressed.
I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store, what were your 2012 beauty highlights?
 
 

Comments

  1. I have never been really interested in Stila for some reasons but I think I will cave in and get their In The Light palette to start the new year right ahah! Happy New Year girly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same but then they brought out some really great Chriatmas gift sets and I like the little things like the concealer in the lid of the foundation :)

      Delete
  2. This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion.
    skin rejuvenation

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts