MUA Nail Constellation review

A little while ago I had an MUA haul and one of the things I bought was the Nail Constellation in Scorpio. I had been wanting to try the Ciate Caviar manicure for a while but I knew they were featured in the Mini Mani Month advent calendar, which I had my eye on and there was no chance I wasn't getting, so I didn't want to splash out on the full size just yet. However when I saw that MUA did their own version for just £3 I thought brilliant I could give it a go without over spending.

I bought the Scorpio version as I loved the mix of colours, I decided to partner it up with a navy blue No.7 polish then added a topcoat of clear Nails Inc.



It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, I tried first to use the funnel to pour the balls onto my wet nails but because the tube is rubber they just stuck to the sides and didn't come out fast enough. So I poured some out onto a piece of kitchen roll, then rolled my nail over the balls to get them to stick. I then pushed the balls down onto the nail to make sure they were stuck down properly and my whole nail was covered. After tapping off the excess I repeated the process to fill in the gaps.
 
I find that whenever I do my nails I always have one that doesn't want to play and I have to re-do it over and over again. This time was no different and no matter how many times I tried I just couldn't get the balls to stick, this meant that I had to press them down quite a few times, which resulted in some of the colour transferring from the balls onto my finger, which then meant I had lost some of the colour on that nail. But apart from that one naughty nail I think the result was pretty impressive, but there's always one that has to spoil it!

 
 
What I will say is it didn't last very long, I felt like I had to be really careful when getting dressed and washing my hands so that I didn't knock any of the balls off and after a day at work my desk was covered in little balls that had fallen off. This is a great look for a night out or a one off but not for everyday, but for £3 I think they're great! I can't wait to wear this look to all my Christmas parties.


 
 
 

Comments

  1. Great review! I got bought some of these and was thinking of just doing one nail on each hand for christmas day, they look great!
    I definitely don't have the patience to do all my nails! aha :P

    Rae xx
    somebrokegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was my plan to only do one accent nail but it's kind of addictive and once I'd finished one I wanted to do more that's how I ended up doing them all!

      Delete
  2. Hello sweety! Lovely review! I ordered those babies in Gemini and can't wait to get them!
    Would you like to follow each other by the way?
    Let me know or follow me and I'll follow you back:)
    toothfairygardy.blogspot.gr
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts