Don't bin it, give it

In the run up to Christmas we're all getting very excited about all the new beauty products we are going to find in our stockings. We have all put together very lovely (and very long in my case) wish lists hoping that our loved ones conveniently stumble across them whilst reading our blogs and go out and buy everything! 
 
But, even after trying out products before hand, swatching to find the perfect colours and reading review after review, how many of those products are going to end up being cast aside? The brand that I work for recently carried out a survey amongst 3000 women via One Poll and found that the average woman will throw away at least 2 beauty products this Christmas, equating to £676million worth or perfectly good products and some very expensive. 
 
Now I know us bloggers are very resourceful young ladies (and gents) and would never dream of throwing a perfectly good beauty product in the bin just because it wasn't the exact shade we thought it was or it doesn't quite sit as nicely as we hoped it would. I have seen many bloggers holding blog sales to pass on their unwanted items and I know many of us have boxes of products that we let loved ones rummage through and take what they want. But there is something else you could do with it, something very lovely in fact.
 
How many of you have heard about a fantastic charity called Give and Make Up? Some of you might have and some of you might not, for those how haven’t this is what they do...
"Each week two women in the United Kingdom are murdered by a partner or ex-partner. One woman in four experiences domestic violence in their lifetime. 
Refuge and Womens Aid protect the lives of thousands of women and children every day.

Give and Makeup is a non-profit initiative whose sole purpose is to get everyday essentials into the hands of these women and children who need them the most."
Some people might think that make up is just a selfish vanity product, but we all know that's not true and to many people make up can mean the difference between having a good day or a bad one. It can make us feel super confident when really we are feeling pretty rubbish, it's true what they say sometimes, if you look good you feel good too.
 
Women who have had to leave their homes in a hurry stopping only to collect the essentials and in the case of those with children they have probably only been thinking of them when they leave, take very little for themselves.  
 
Now I'm not pretending to know anything about domestic abuse because I don't, I have no experience of it what so ever in fact. But what I do know is that as a mother I can only imagine what is going through those women's minds when they make the brave decision to leave and I bet it isn't make up, skin care or even really themselves.
 
After the shocking and wasteful statistics our recent survey revealed I just thought it would be useful for me to bring this charity to your attention before you cast aside your unwanted cosmetics. Many of us will have a clear out in the New Year and I hope now I have given you another option for disposing of your items.

You can find a full list of the things Give and Make Up need and accept here.



You can read all about our survey results here.

Comments

  1. I have never heard of this but thank you for bringing it to my attention . I'll be having s root through my things I've got plenty of products from birthdays ans stuff ive never even used .

    I really like Llike your blog and have just started following :)
    nailthelook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, I'm really glad you like it and thanks for the follow.

      Give and Make Up is a really good charity and d we definitely worth considering when have a sort out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts