Topshop Cheek Duo review

Once again I'm a little late to the party I'm afraid, as I have a vendetta against Topshop I find this review rather hard to stomach.
I used to love Topshop with a passion, every single thing I owned was from there, whilst at university I kept that place going. However over recent years I have found that Topshop have grown a dislike for anyone over a size 10, finding a size 12 in the rails of Topshop is like digging for diamonds and you may as well forget anything over a 12. Just walking round that shop makes me feel fat as I can't even walk past a rail without my muffin tops knocking everything on the floor!
However there have always been three things I liked about Topshop, bags, shoes and jewellery, as if you can make it through the rails to the back of the shop it doesn't matter what size you are to wear these fabulous items. Now I can add make up to that little list.
I have read many reviews raving about Topshop makeup and nail polish but as it pains me to even look at my once beloved clothes shop I have never been in to sample any. On a recent trip to the Trafford Center I was having a thin (well thinner) day so I decided to tackle the rails and find the makeup, and boy am I glad I did!




I went a little crazy at the makeup stand, I just couldn't help myself the nail polish was actually talking to me and then lots of other lovely bits caught my eye. One of which was the Cheek Duo, a lovely little compact that has a blusher and bronzer in one.

Bronzer has always been a bug bare of mine as I am quite fair I can never seem to get one that doesn't make me look like I have mud all over my face. The Topshop Cheek Duo is a really light bronze and the touch of pink really highlights my cheeks. It's not too shimmery so it doesn't stand out a mile it's just a really nice subtle touch of colour, which I love.

Blush - Bronzer

Blush and bronzer mixed

I apply this with my blush brush and I go for the middle part of the product so I get a touch of both blush and bronzer, but as you can see if you mix the two together you get a really lovely coral colour that will look great with a tan.


Overall I reeeeeally like the Topshop Cheek Duo, I am so pleased I put my feelings towards Topshop to one side and ventured in. I love how natural it looks for everyday but you can mix it up for a night out. I also picked up a mascara whilst in there that I have on in this photo and I really love this too, I will do a full review on it in a few days.

Thank you Topshop for restoring my faith in you, and keep the great makeup products a coming!

Are you a Topshop lover or hater? Have you tried their makeup?



Comments

  1. That looks really pretty on you! It reminds me of Nars Orgasm and Laguna duo.

    marycontrarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this looks so pretty! I loove Topshop makeup at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts