Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer review

I know, I know this review is looooong over due, the hype around the Rimmel Apocalips has kind of dyed down now. I have had these since the first week they came out but it has been impossible for me to get decent shots of them on my lips because of lighting issues, I really didn't want to write the review without these images as I just don't think you get the full effect from a swatch.
So here it is, my somewhat lack luster review of the very much hyped Rimmel Apocalips. I bought these when they were on 3 for 2 in Boots so it just felt rude not to go ahead and get three. They were sold out pretty much everywhere as soon as they were released, even in the little back street Boots I had to go to near my work, but finally a few days in they had them back in stock.


After swatching every shade several times I decided to go for Luna, Nova and Stellar. All three are very lovely shades and they are so pigmented you only need one swipe of the wand and you instantly get an intense colour.


The wands are really soft and don't feel scratchy on your lips, because of the hole in the middle of the wand it holds a lot of product so you don't have to keep dipping it back into the tube which I really like.

As you can see from the images below the colour is brilliant, really bright and vibrant and I can honestly say they stay put all day long! I wore Nova whilst at the BlanX White Shock launch where I talked A LOT and the colour was still there when I'd finished. They don't stay as shiny for as long as the colour stays so if you like the glossy look you will want to re-apply quite regularly.
Although I like the colours I really don't see what all the fuss was about, yes they are lovely products but I wouldn't say I was totally wowed by them. I don't know maybe I was expecting too much after such a huge build up, I'm glad I have the ones I do but I can't say I will be rushing out to buy more. They feel quite greasy and have a rather funny taste and smell to them, it sort of reminded me of my little girls play make up it's a bit plasticy.
One thing I do love about these are that they aren't sticky in the slightest so your hair doesn't get stuck to your lips every time there's a slight draft.

Stellar

Nova

Luna
My favourite shade is Nova, I think it is a really wearable everyday shade and I know that everyone raves about Big Bang but I just found that Stellar was a much nicer red and a little less scary if aren't used to wearing red on your lips. I couldn't really make my mind up about Luna and I did start to wonder what I was thinking when I bought it, as it looked quite orange and didn't really suit my skin tone. However now I have seen it in natural light I actually quite like it. I think it will still take some getting used to as I'm not used to wearing these sorts of colours.
What do you think? Have you tried the Rimmel Apocalips?


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts