Party hair and make up

This weekend I managed to have a very rare girly night out, something I then came to regret on Sunday morning (hangover from hell)! As a night out and excuses to get dressed up for me these days is a rarity I thought I would share with you my hair and make up routine. I was going to do and OOTW post but looking back I was far more tipsey than I thought I was at the point of taking the photo, so we'll leave that one for another time.

Also I thought this post would be a great way to kick off this months theme, make up, as I mentioned in my 'Light Bulb Moment' post.


Face...
Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer - £6.99 (Boots)
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation - £8.99 (Boots)
Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte pressed powder - £32.00 (Selfridges)
Models Own blusher in Warm Glow - £6.00 (Boots)
Lancome eye shadow (Ombre Absolue pallet) - ?? (Gift)
Barry M Lash Modelling Mascara - £6.19 (Superdrug)
Girls Aloud Eylure false lashes (Kimberly) - £5.49 (Boots)

You may notice that the majority of these products also appeared in October empties post, so I will be stocking up on new make up products this month, I don't think I will get much more out of the bottles. Also I'm sorry I can't give the exact shades of the eye shadows I used as they came in a set and it doesn't give the individual shade names, but I will do a little more digging and see if I can get them. I used a silver/grey shade as the base and then a charcoal along the the lash line and in the crease of my eyelid to give a smokey eye look. I love my Girls Aloud Eylure lashes too, I always found false lashes more hassle than they were worth as I was useless at applying them but then I found an ingenious contraption from Boujois (post coming soon).

The Boots products are currently on offer, buy one and get the 2nd half price if you fancy grabbing a bargain.

Hair...
When it comes to the weekend I like to put a bit more effort in and even more when I'm on a night out, having mid length hair means I am quite limited to what I can do and it doesn't always look as special I would like. So I turn to what I like to call my 'weekend hair', a set of clip in extensions that I couldn't live without. The ones I have in here were a bit of a panic buy, I had just had my hair coloured so the ones I previously used weren't the right colour and I was going to the Pure Beauty Awards so needed them fast! I stumbled upon these Salon Confidential ones in Dorothy Perkins (of all places) in the Trafford Centre for £40.


It was a bit annoying that they came in a box as it meant I couldn't really see the colour match so I took a bit of a gamble buying these really. I went for the mid brown with lightened tips and luckily they were a pretty good match. They also came in three different styles; stright, volume wave and curls, I opted for the volume wave set. They really do have a lovely bounce to them and it saves a lot of time on styling. The only down side to these extensions are that they are not real hair so you can't use straightners on them and in some lights they do have a bit of an odd shine to them.

These have been voted 'Best Extensions on the High Street' by More magazine and I would probably agree with that to an extent, they aren't overly expensive in comparison to some extensions but I have had better. These will do me for now but when I have my hair coloured again I will probably buy some better quality real hair extensions.

Comments

  1. You look gorgeous! I really like the girls aloud lashes! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you x just checked out your blog and there's loads for great posts! Now following :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts