November Glossy Box

I've been waiting in anticipation for what feels like forever for this months Glossy Box, as I was really impressed with my first box in October. I seemed to be getting daily emails from them telling me they had received payment, the box was being packed etc. but still no box! I was starting to get worried that mine had got lost in the post. Then finally after a very long day I came home to find my box had arrived at last, it was just what I needed after a an exhausting day travelling to London and back.

Once again the peeps at Glossy Box did not disappoint, this box didn't feel as full as the last box or even the She Said Beauty box, but the quality is definitely there, which I am sad to say is what seemed to be lacking from the She Said Beauty November box.



This months box is all about stocking fillers, things to give you inspiration for Christmas gifts.

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm
"This BB cream gives a natural bright and glossy application for natural , fresh looking skin which controls sebum production from sweat preventing streaking."
- Apparently this is a 'cult' product in Korea, well I don't know about that but I did try this BB cream today and I was quite impressed. Generally I'm not a fan of BB creams, when they first came out I was very excited as I don't like to wear too much make up during the day and thought a BB cream would be ideal. Unfortunately they just don't seem to do anything for me, they leave my skin really greasy and I get next to no coverage from them at all, in fact I usually end up with orange patches. The Dr. Jart+ has been the best I have tried so far, it's oil free so great if you have oily skin like myself, and I my t.zone stayed under control all day. I had to put two layers on to get the right amount of coverage because I have a couple of break outs at the moment, but 8 hours later it still looks pretty good...



Burberry Body Eau de Parfum
"An effortless sensual, feminine fragrance with an eclectic combination of green absinthe, rose and cashmeran."
- I also tried this out today and I love it! Its a really beautiful subtle scent, it smelt expensive and classy. I will definitely be adding this to my Christmas list.

Alison Claire Natural Beauty Mongo Body Butter
"A delicious blend of organic mango and cocoa butter will leave your skin feeling wonderful."
- This was a Glossy Box 'New Brand Alert', I don't really use body butters that often, mainly because I shower in the morning and barely have time to dry my hair never mind moisturise my body. I may give this to my mum to try out as she loves this sort of stuff and I think she would appreciate it a lot more, plus she has more experience with them to give a better review.

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat
- I could of got one of three of this 'Sunday Times Style Beauty Award' winning range and I got the caviar top coat. This worked out pretty well actually as I have just bought the MUA Constellation in Scorpio so it will come in handy.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
"A unique rice-based powder that gently exfoliates skin, leaving it noticeably smoother & brighter."
- I am intrigued by this product, I'm really interested in how a powder exfoliant will work as I'm used to using the usual gritty creams or gels. I will absolutely be setting time aside to give this one a go very soon.

More Glossy Box reviews coming soon...

Just a reminder about my latest giveaway - Get a party perfect smile in time for Christmas

Comments

  1. The Dermalogica is supposed to be brilliant stuff-let me know what you think x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts