New Look Blog...

So as you can see my blog has had a bit of a revamp, I have to admit I'm not entirely sure I love it just yet and I would really appreciate any feedback.

This all came about because I was trying to find out how to get the cute little social media icons on my side bar that I have seen on tons of blog recently. I tried to find out during a couple of #bblogger chats but no luck there, I did however have a couple of people say they also wanted to know and if I found out to let them know. So I thought I'd write a post about it to help anyone else out there who's been searching for them too.

After searching the internet high and low I finally came a cross a very helpful blog, Carrie Loves has made an icon for every social network you can think of and they are available in a rainbow of colours, and best of all they are FREE!



I went for the bubblegum pink as they fit in with my 'new look'.

Along with these great icons I also found an excellent explaination as to how to add them to your blog site. Beautiful Dawn Designs gives a really easy to follow step by step guide, I did have to open a Photobucket account but it was free and really easy to use. I tried adding them to Picasa but the images didn't show up when I added the URL's to the HTML code.

I hope I have helped anyone out there who like me is not the best at the techy stuff, lets face it that's why we write about beauty stuff and not HTML coding.

Once again I would really appreciate any feedback on my 'new' look blog, do you like it or did you prefer the 'old' look? You may also notice from my new totally fab icons, I have started a Facebook page for my blog. This is mainly so I don't keep bothering my personal Facebook friends with my insesent blog post updates and those that are really bothered can 'like' my new page instead. I intend to fill this with my blog updates (obvs) plus any helpful tips and discounts that I hear about. Hop over and give me a 'like' if you err like :)



Comments

  1. thanks for the tip girl! Gonna check it out a bit later. I think it sure does look lovely on your blog! Beautiful lay-out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts