My 1st Bloggers Meet

On Tuesday night I attended my very first bloggers event, I am now officially a fully fledged blogger! I was really excited about this event as I had spoken to so many nice bloggers over twitter and I couldn't wait to put a face to a name. I was a little nervous as I am extremely shy in situations where I don't know anyone and I'm not the best at making conversation, but I forced myself out of my comfort zone by going to this event and I'm so glad I did!
The event was at the very swanky Harvey Nichols in Manchester, as I walked through the very sparkly front entrance I immediately saw a group of bloggers and decided to introduce myself and see if I could make some friends to tag along with, so I wasn't wandering around aimlessly on my own. These bloggers were Vicki from Lets Talk Beauty, Anastasia from Dainty Desires, Danielle from Miss Danielle and Hannah from Palindrome Poppet again I am so glad I did this as I met some lovely girls who didn't mind having me follow them around and I also discovered so excellent new blogs to follow : )
As we all arrived we were given a glass of bubbly and a lovely little goodie bag that was full of samples (mainly perfumes), there was a representative at each of the product stands and a few of the brands were giving demonstrations and talks about their products. I was especially interested to hear all about the Bobbi Brown range as I had just purchased a few bits earlier that day (review coming soon).


They talked all about how good their bases were, which was good as that's what I had bought, and that for winter it's all about the bold lip shades. She demonstrated on Chelsea from Through Chelsea's Eyes, who looked a little nervous about having such a dark colour on her lips but I think she really suited it.

I decided to have a little try of the Stilla smudge sticks as I have them on my Christmas list but haven't actually tried them out, their make up artist did a 'smoke' eye on me using the black. This is the look I usually try to create myself when I'm going on a night out, I have to say I never usually go as dark as what she had done but I really liked it. What do you think?

There was so many lovely things, but I was extremely good and didn't buy a thing! I did see lots of things I could get as presents though so I will be making a trip back to Harvey Nichols at the weekend.

One product I was particularly interested in was the Rodial Glamoxy Snake Mask, this product looked and sounded amazing!
"Rodial Glamoxy™ Snake Mask is an innovative black ‘peel off’ formula that visibly improves skin radiance and texture, whilst helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines. Containing liquorice to help brighten skin tone and enriched minerals deep cleanse and purify pores to remove excess oil, dirt and impurities."  
The rep sold this as a non invasive alternative to Botox, as there is a poison or a venom in it that penetrates the skin and paralyses the muscles slightly, sounds a bit scary I know but it obviously doesn't have the lasting effects of Botox injections and isn't as strong. There will still be movement of the face it will just be a little slower to react, or that's what I took from the talk anyway. The only downside is that it's £68 for 50ml, definitely not an everyday face mask.
My absolute favourite thing in the store was not actually a product, but the most beautiful snow globe I have ever seen! Over at the Chanel counter they were matching you up with the perfect red lipstick, I'm not a fan of red on myself so I just watched a few others have their's done. However I did spot this little beauty...



All I can say is I want one!

There were so many other gorgeous things I think the best way to tell you about them is to show you...
Goodies


 

 



Apologies for the picture quality, my camera batteries went and had to use my phone : (


Comments

Popular Posts