Urban Decay Glinda pallet review

I got a nice little surprise the other day when I logged onto O2 Priority Moments and found I was entitled to a £15 voucher for Debenhams. I was particularly excited because this meant I could treat myself to the new Urban Decay Great and Powerful OZ Glinda pallet without feeling too guilty.




I really like the look of the pallet and it has a lovely big mirror, the individual shadows do pop out but as they have no lids I don't really know what you would do with them without them getting damaged. 

The set also includes a 24/7 Purple Glide-On eye pencil, which I really like it glides on so smoothly and has a slight shimmer to it. In addition there's a Super Saturated High Gloss lip colour in 'Glinda', this I wasn't so sure about when I first used it. It was really drying and the colour was too matt for me. However the second time I used it it felt different, a lot more silky and smooth, I think it's one of those products that needs to be warmed slightly so perhaps not great of carrying around in your bag on a cold day. 


As you can see the eye pencil is really pigmented and didn't need much pressure to achieve this colour, it also just glided across my skin really smoothly. I haven't tried it on my eye yet but I am planning an eyeliner special, as I'm totally useless with them and have a few to try.


Tornado - Aura - Magic - Illusion - OZ - South
The pallet contains six shadows and they're all quite pigmented, Aura seems to be more of a Highlighter shadow for the brow bone and so that doesn't show up too well on the swatch. Both of the duo shades, Aura and OZ, are 'never before seen' shades exclusive to this pallet which is quite nice. OZ is really shimmery and would add sparkle to your 'Glinda' look. All the shadows feel luxurious and velvety smooth so they will feel light when you wear them, some shadows can feel quite heavy on my lids just as foundation can on my face, and it always makes me notice when I blink, it takes effort. I'm hoping that the texture of these will mean that won't happen.

These are my first Urban Decay shadows, shock horror I know a blogger who doesn't own one of the three 'Naked' pallets, but alas tis true.

For my £35 (minus my £15 voucher) so far I am pretty pleased, the pallet is great value for what you get compared to the individual items, the High Gloss lip colours for example are £15 alone. This pallet is definitely not an essential, I myself have no idea when I'll get chance to wear the shadows, but it's certainly a nice to have. If you like eye shadows, limited editions or just Urban Decay in general you won't be disappointed with this product.

Now all I need is a magic wand and some wings, I'm sure I left mine around here somewhere...

Comments

  1. This is such a beautiful palette :D i had to pick up both because i couldn't choose between the two :D I went to a event last week and swatched the palette (too scared to ruin mine ;) haha) and the shades are all so pigmented and sparkly and so pretty :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts