New York here I come #2

About a month ago I wrote a post telling you all about my plans to visit New York for my 30th birthday, the idea was to keep you all updated on my progress with regards to planning and of course saving for my trip. 

Sooo, erm I had a slight hick up on the old saving front, I had every good intention of saving £200 this month and I did have it sat in my account for a little while but then a couple of shopping trips got in the way. Seriously I have a problem and need professional help! (My husband would definitely agree with that).

I did get some nice stuff though, I had a bit of a Primark haul, which I am planning to show you all and I went a bit mad in Forever 21 too.

I am doing a little better on the planning front, I bought myself a little Lonely Planet pocket guide to find out where all the hip, hop and happening places to go are.


The book was £7.99 from Waterstones and it comes with a pull out map, which is a bonus! It is great because it breaks the city down into areas and what's going on in those areas including places to eat and drink, museums and most importantly shopping, as well as all the subway routes and trains to take. This little book will become my bible for the next few months.
As you can see, there's not an awful lot to update you on this month, hopefully next month I will have been a little better with the saving and curbed my spending habits. If you have any tips for making sure I don't miss anything whilst I'm there please leave a comment below. I'd love to know if you have been and where you would advise me to go/not to go.

Comments

  1. I've been there quite a few times {twice last year} SoHo is a favorite area of mine. It's where the Kardashian's Dash NYC store is and there's a lot of nice little shops around there as well. You'll get a great view of Central Park & the Empire State building from Top of the Rock. And Macy's...oh my, it's the best. Quite possibly my favorite city ever, I could go on forever. Good luck planning your trip!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts