Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint review

It saddens me to have to write this post, as a nail polish lover I hate to write anything negative about my beloved products but I'm afraid it had to be done...


For so long I have been picking up these polishes and putting them down again for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, there was always something at the back of my mind telling me not to buy them. I think I might be a little bit psychic as I now really wish I hadn't bothered.
As a parent you are always told to end on a positive, so I'll jump straight in with what I didn't like about them. When it comes to nail polish I'm all about the application, if I don't like how it applies to my nails it leaves me feeling very let down. These polishes are, I hate to say it, one of the worst polishes I have ever used when it comes to application. They are so gloopy and thick that it makes it impossible to paint your nails without painting your fingers too. I pride myself in the fact that I very rarely have to touch up the sides of my nails with nail polish remover as I have mastered the steady hand and precision stokes. With the BarryM Gelly Hi Shine nail paints, it doesn't matter how steady your hand is the stuff gets everywhere! I found that even when I wiped most of the polish off the brush on the side of the bottle, polish of the brush stick slid down the brush clogging it up again.  They were far too faffy for my liking. They were shiny and didn't need a top coat to achieve the shine like some nail polishes out there but I wouldn't say they were super shiny, I have got others just as good.
I was so disappointed as I had such high hopes for them, I have read many a rave review and the one thing that is fab about these products is the colour. I bought Watermelon, Blueberry and Prickly Pear, I wanted to try out some different colours as a lot of my collection is some shade of pink. I also really like the new colours that have just been released but sadly not enough to put the poor application aside. As I do like the colours and they were on 3 for 2 in Superdrug I don't feel like I have wasted my money but I can't say I'll ever be buying anymore either.


This was after touching up and you can't really see the gloopy blobs but great colour



Comments

  1. What fun colours - love the look of the purple one. I can never get enough of Barry M varnishes!

    Be great if you could check out my latest post: Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Review

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same brand but in different shades just the other day. I agree they weren't actually that shiny. My application of the polish was fine but I may have just been lucky that time.
    http://mycoraladdiction.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts