BBlogger North Meet Up

Well I think it's about time I wrote another post don't you?! You'll have to excuse my absence as I have been on my jolly's, nowhere too fancy just to Scarborough with the hubby and kids but it was nice to get away and spend some long over due time together.
The day before I went away I attended one of the best blogger events ever, the North Meet Up arranged by the Em from Em Talks. I first heard about the event on Twitter but unfortunately all the places had been filled by the time I saw it (as per usual)! However when Em started calling out to brands to get involved I thought ah ha this could be my way in. We have been doing a lot of work with bloggers with BlanX and I thought it would be a great opportunity to get the product in front of the people that matter.
I have to admit when I arrived I did feel a little nervous, although I was with lots of other bloggers I was there in a professional capacity and it's very different to being there just as a blogger. I had to make our product sound as exciting as possible, not that it's hard when the product has a blue light on the end!
It took me a little while to warm up but once I found my stride there was no stopping me and once the lovely ladies caught a glimpse of my blue light it wasn't long before they came to seek me out. The response I received towards the BlanX White Shock was amazing and everyone was really pleased to hear they would be getting a sample in their goody bags.
The day itself was brilliant, Em had gone to so much effort to make the day a success and I think it really paid off. It was the little things that made the day, the simple touches that showed Em had put so much thought into the day, like the banners she had made and the amazing cakes and refreshments. There were so so many great brands there and others that had contributed to the day which just shows how much the beauty industry value her and other bloggers. Working for a brand that gets approached on a daily basis to be involved with such events I can honestly say we don't just say yes to anyone who asks, at the end of the day all brands have budgets and we can't just go around giving product away. The fact Em got so many to be involved in the day is a great credit to her as a blogger and her achievements have definitely been recognised.
This brings me nicely onto the goody bags, and boy were they full of goodies! I have been to trade and press events that have not given goody bags as good as this one, it was literally packed full to the brim. The main goody bag, yes that's right there was more than one, included everything from fake tan and fake eyelashes to temporary tattoo's and tea bags, and of course BlanX White Shock LED. I just don't know when I will find the time to use it all, there's so many products in there that I don't even know where to begin with reviewing them. My plan is to work through it all this weekend and organise them for reviewing, I shouldn't struggle for blog content for the rest of the year put it that way! I was pleased to see some of my favourite brands in there such as my beloved Skinetica (which I ran out of a couple of months agao). As well as being introduced to some new brands such as Xen-Tan and Glam Glow, who were there on the day and got me very excited to try their products. Although I am slightly worried that I'll run out of the Xen-Tan sample and end up with one brown leg and one white one!
Finally I just want to say a massive thank you to Em for having me and my blue light at the event, and a huge thank you to all of the lovely blogger who came to speak to me and who I have chatted with over Twitter since the event. I cannot wait to read all the reviews for BlanX White Shock, make sure you're following @BlanXuk on Twitter and you can find us on Facebook too.
Were you at the North Meet Up? If I met you on the day make sure you say hi :)

Comments

Popular Posts