Origins...Skincare Dream Team!

For years I put up with terrible skin, constantly getting spots and blackheads and suffering with an awful oily T zone. Then last year I decided enough was enough, I had to start taking better care or my skin.

I have tried many products, good and bad, but I recently tried the Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal mask and the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Moisturising mask and I have to say I think I've found my soul mates for my skin.


I tried the Drink Up Intensive moisturiser first and was pretty impressed with that alone, I didn't realise just how dry my skin was until after I used this product. Then I got a random cheek break out, I never get spots on my cheek. So I decided to give the Clear Improvements mask a go and when I took it off I could not believe my eyes! The random little spots were gone, after one use they were completely gone! I don’t think I have ever used a product that has worked so well and so instantly.

The mask itself is like a thick, black gel when you put it on and then it dries and goes stiff just the same as any other mask. It doesn't give a time length for keeping the mask on, it just says leave until dried, so I left mine on for a few minutes whilst I tidied up a bit then took it off. I know a lot of people are put off masks because they can be difficult to remove, and looking at this mask I thought exactly the same thing, however I was impressed with how easily it came off using a little warm water and cotton pads.

My skin was a little red after using it but once the redness had gone down and I could see the full effects I really was amazed.


The images above aren't from the first time I used it as I didn't even think to take pictures, so these are from the 2nd time I used the Clear Improvements mask. I always have spots on my chin, at varying degrees of angry, you can see on the before picture they are a lot redder than on the after photo. I know the lighting is awful on the before but you can still see the difference between the two images and the after is a lot clearer. 

I try to use this mask every other day (depending on how tired I am) and then I use the Drink Up Intensive Overnight moisturiser after it. When I wake up in the morning my skin looks so fresh and awake and it feels like silk. For me these products have been the best combination for spot prone skin I have used, I would recommend them to anyone who is fed up of having constant break outs. 

They aren't the cheapest products at around £22 each but they are definitely worth it, you only need to use a tiny bit and you don't use them every day so they last for a long time. One thing I think it is important not to scrimp on is skincare; I can't believe I went so many years without doing something about my skin.

Thank you Origins for this dynamic duo!

Comments

  1. I love both these products and I use them together as well, they are a kick-ass combo :)

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these are a dream team! I bought mine from Cheshire Oaks last year & I have used them at least once a week.Looks like they really calm your skin down
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts