NARS Sheer foundations review


Like most girls I am always on the hunt for the perfect foundation, and I know I said I thought the hunt was over with the Bobbi Brown foundation stick but I this time I think I really have found my perfect foundation.

I first bought the NARS Sheer glow after watching too many Tanya Burr tutorials and being amazed at how it made her skin actually glow (in a non-radioactive way!). So like the little lemming I am I went along and got myself the NARS Sheer Glow in Monte Blanc, which is the perfect colour for my pale skin. This foundation makes skin look radiant and flawless, the coverage is fantastic and you can really build it. However as I do have an oily T Zone, as the day goes on the glow does start to become more of a shine. So I decided to try the Sheer Matte and man am I glad I did!

I have tried a few matte foundations before and I have always felt they make my skin look too ghostly and unnatural. The NARS Sheer Matte does neither of these things, it simply enhances my skin whilst covering up the blemishes and controlling the oily areas. I find I can go all day with out touching up and it looks just as good at the end of an 8 hour day at work as it did when I first put it on. I just love this foundation, maybe even more than the Sheer Glow. Again the coverage is amazing and you can build it no problem without it looking orange.


As you can see from the swatches the Sheer Glow has a lovely dewy finish and the Sheer Matte has a natural finish. They look two completely different colours here but I think that is because of how the light reflects off the Sheer Glow.


As you can see the two finishes are completely different.

If there is one negative about these foundations it would be that you have to buy the pump separate and when the foundation costs £30.50 having to pay an extra £3 for the pump is a bit of a cheek. Without the pump it is very hard to get the foundation out without wasting too much.

Have you tried NARS Sheer foundations yet? Which do you prefer?

Comments

  1. Absolutely great review! I'm currently looking for a new foundation, after seeing your review I think I'll look for a matte foundation :)

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sheer Matte is absolutely perfect for everyday, you still get a natural glow which is what I like it's not too matte.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the look of Sheer Glow on you, it makes you looks so radiant and glowy!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great, I think it'll be fab in the winter but in the heat the 'glow' all got a bit much! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts