Cassie Lomas Make Up Academy - Week One


My first week at the Cassie Lomas Make Up Academy has been everything I had hoped for and so much more! The first session was a run down of the basics in etiquette and hygiene etc. a Make Up Artists code of conduct, followed by a demonstration of a basic bridal smokey eye. I was lucky enough to be selected as the model for this demo and I absolutely loved the look.


We were also given some bits to add to our kit, this included the beautiful MAC Warm eye shadow pallet, a selection of essential brushes, two MAC Face & Body foundations as well as some of the B Cosmetics from Superdrug, which Cassie is the face of.

Our second session we got straight into the practical, recreating the bridal smokey eye on each other. I had a beautiful model with flawless skin so my job wasn't made too difficult. I was pleased with the end result and got great comments from the tutor. However I could see immediately where improvements could be made, a little darker on the eye to create more of a contrast and maybe a little heavier on the foundation perhaps.

 

Since my last session I have spent my time practising as mush as I can on friends and I am getting much more confident when it comes to colour matching foundation to skin tone and mixing the correct colour using a variety of different shades. I have been enjoying getting to grips with my new tools and experimenting with colours and textures. I'm looking forward to seeing what week two has to offer.





Comments

Popular Posts