Belles and Bows MUA

Image courtesy of Alfred & Co Photography

Hello to anyone who is still out there...

It has been rather a long time since any new words graced this blog but thanks to a change in career that should all change. As of today I will officially be presenting myself as a Make Up Artist and this blog will now serve as a place to showcase my work as well as bring you product reviews and discuss the latest in make up trends as it always did, as well as anything else beauty related.

So why have I decided to step away from the corporate world of marketing and follow my dreams to the make up aisle? Well just over 12 months ago I gave up my job as a Brand Manager so I could spend more time with my family, I wanted to be there more for my little girls and lets face it the childcare costs for three children were ridiculous! 

Since I left my job I have always had my heart set on a career as a Make Up Artist, it is something I have a passion for and it can fit in around my children. I can still be there for the school run, the special times, the clubs, the birthday parties and the endless dress up days!

So today I will be starting my training as a Bridal and Occasion Make Up Artist at the Cassie Lomas Make Up Academy in Manchester. When I worked for BlanX we did a piece of video marketing Cassie, a celebrity Make Up Artist, and she was brilliant. I think that's when I really started to consider it as a career choice. Not because I wanted to paint the faces of celebrities but because I felt really comfortable being in that environment, and just being around all the different products got me a little excited. 

My first class is tonight and if you'd like to follow my journey then you can follow me on Instagram @bellesnbowsmua and if you'd like to more about my course then click here.

Comments

Popular Posts