My first Shellac experience

Hello again, yes I'm still alive just a very busy bee!

A few weeks ago I decided it was about time I gave Shellac a try, I was going away for my birthday and I wanted to treat myself to a trip to the beauty salon as it isn't something I get chance to do very often. As a self confessed nail polish addict I have always been put off Shellac purely because I like to change the colour of my nails every other day, but I thought it was time a gave it a go.


I have to say the salon I went to did not have as many colours as I was hoping for but I decided to go for this beautiful coral red (not sure what the official name is) and I really liked it to start with. I loved how it made my nails look, the shape was lovely and they were sooo shiny, but alas I got bored as predicted.

After a couple of days I was itching to get it off but I tried to hold out as long as I could because my nails looked so pretty. After about 5 days I couldn't wait any longer I had to peal it off, and I know you're supposed to soak it off but I am just too impatient for that malarkey and as a result I ruined my nails.

All in all I was pleased with the look of the Shellac and amazed at how fast it dried, there was none of the awkward claw fingers when I was trying to get my money out to pay which was fab! However if like me you're into changing your nail colour fairly regularly I wouldn't recommend it as I think it is quite expensive for what it is. It cost me £22 for what was essentially a file and polish, and I believe that is quite cheap for a Shellac mani. 

I would maybe have it done again for a special occasion or if I was going on holiday and didn't want to have to keep touching up my nails, but I think I will just stick to good old fashion nail polish from now on. 

Comments

  1. I have never had Shellac either but it does look super shiny. I'd be the same though, I am terrible for peeling the colour off my nails! Think of all the nail polish I could buy for that price :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts