Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser review


On my quest to get the perfect skin I have tried many products and many different cleansers, however I have never tried a hot cloth cleanser. For a while now I have wondered what all the fuss was about and I really want to try the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, but before I shelled out £34 on a cleanser I wanted to try a few out first.

The first I have tried is the Soap & Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser, now Soap & Glory is not a brand I particularly get on with so it may have been the wrong choice right from the start. It is one of those brands that I want to love and I rarely read a bad review of their products, but for me I have nothing but bother from all of their products I try!

If, like me, you're not sure what a cleansing 'balm' or hot cloth cleanser is, it's basically a cleanser in a cream form that you leave on your skin for a short amount of time then use a muslin cloth (this product came with one but I lost it after two uses?!) or soft flannel to remove the cleanser with the hottest water you can stand. I was worried this product might make my skin all red and inflamed but I'm pleased to say it didn't, it left my skin feeling very fresh and clean not to mention really soft. Unfortunately it did bring me out in a few angry spots the day after I used it, I carried on using it for a week or so to give it the benefit of the doubt but more spots just appeared.

So here I have yet another Soap & Glory product that I wont be using anymore, I think it may be time for me to give up on this brand and face the fact that it just isn't for me. Other than the break outs though I would say this is an OK product, it's not too expensive (around £10) and it did make my skin feel nice and refreshed (before the spots took over).

I'm thinking of trying the Liz Earl Hot Cloth Cleanser next before I go for the Emma Hardie, if you've used either of these I'd love to know how you got on.

Comments

Popular Posts