Body Shop Rainforest Volume - No Silcones, No Colourants, No Parabens...No Good!

Ooopsie has been that long since my last post?!

I'm afraid this review is a bit of a downer, I've been putting off writing it as I really don't like writing negative reviews but the way I see it you have to be fair and impartial. It's no good just having a blog full of great product reviews as we all no in real life not all products do what they say they will, and I feel we bloggers have a responsibility to share the bad as well as the good.

So here goes my review of Body Shop Rainforest Volume Shampoo and Conditioner...


As I have fairly fine hair I am always on the look out for anything that can give me a bit of volume and movement, I have tried many different products some good some not so good. I am afraid Body Shop's Rainforest Volume Shampoo and Conditioner fall into the latter.

Other shampoos I have tried from the Body Shop have been really good so I was looking forward to trying this out, the smell was a bit odd but I was willing to look past that and had very high hopes. The fact it had not silicones in it was great as I thought it would mean it wouldn't leave my hair feeling heavy or coated, I couldn't have been more wrong!


It claimed to give me thicker feeling, fuller looking hair with more body, boost volume and shine without weighing my hair down. In my experience it did the exact opposite, it made me hair look really flat on the top of my head like it was being pulled at the ends and it felt horrid and after a couple of hours looked really greasy.

It also made my hair very fly away and static, which my hairdresser told me has something to do with whatever it was coating my hair with. I tried to give this product the benefit of the doubt and used it a fair few times before giving up, as I really do love other Body Shop products and I wanted to love this one, unfortunately it wasn't to be.

These cost £6.50 each as I got the 400ml size, they do a smaller size but I think it's not that much cheaper. I don't think these are cheap at all, especially when you can get better for a lot less in the supermarkets. I have now gone back to my Bumble & Bumble thickening spray and I think I'll just stick with that for now.

Have you tried these products, what did you think? Have you tried any similar products?

Comments

Popular Posts