Revlon Colurburst Review


Today's post is a review of the highly anticipated Revlon Colorburst Balms, I  picked up two of the Lacquer Balms and one Matte Balm in the Boots 3 for 2 this week.

I was a bit dubious about getting them at first as I have tried the Kissable Balm Stains and I really didn't like them. However as usual it never takes me too long to jump on the bandwagon of a new beauty release, and I'd read only good things about these lip products so far. 


Firstly I was really impressed with the colour choice of the Lacquer Balms, I went for Demure, Whimsical and Elusive from the Matte Balm collection. 


Secondly the formulation of these is much better than the Kissable range, they're a lot more silky and moisturising, they don't cling to any dry patches and they feel a lot lighter on the lips. Another thing is that the colour pay off is really good, with the Kissable Balms the colour on the stick was not necessarily the colour you got when applied, with the Colorburst Balms it's pretty bob on. 

Demure
Whimsical
The two Lacquer Balms have really pretty flecks of sparkle in them, not so much so that it looks like you're off to the school disco but just enough to give your lips a subtle light reflective shine. Demure is a lovely nude shade, my images really don't do it justice I haven't quite mastered the art of lip shots. Whereas Whimsical is a beautiful berry shade.

Elusive
Elusive is the Matte shade, a cute pink. I'm not really one for the matte lips as I find they are usually quite drying and I have very dry lips, this however was surprisingly moisturising and felt lovely when on. I was a little disappointed with the colour selection of the Matte Balms as they all looked a bit garish for me, but if you have a warmer skin tone you could probably get away with them better then I could. 

The only downside to the Revlon Colorburst Balms is that they don't last very long, I found I had to reapply after about an hour or so. I think I probably still prefer the Rimmel Lasting Colour Rush Balms as they last forever on the lips and I'm not one for remembering to reapply. 

All in all I was pleased with the new Revlon Colorbust Blams, they're a vast improvement in the Kissable Balm Stains. When I go to Vegas in March I'll be interested to see if they have any colours not yet released in the UK. 


Comments

Popular Posts