June Favourites


I feel like it's been ages since I've done a favourites post, that's mainly because I've not really been using any products I've been particularly taken with. However this month I've been loving lots of new products and I've really enjoyed my new daily routine, these products have made it a pleasure everyday.

So lets get started...


1. REN Invisible Pore Detox Mask
I've been using this mask for the whole of June, I picked it up in the airport when I went to Italy, I use it about twice a week and it makes my skin feel so soft and it really does make a visible difference to my pores. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to reduce the look of pores and blackheads.

2. REN Clarifying Toning Lotion
I've been really getting into my skincare recently and previously I'd never really used a toner because I always just wondered what was the point in them. This product was another one I picked up at the airport on a whim and oh my god am I glad I did. I'm still not really sure what exactly a toner does but what I do know is that this one definitely has a point! Since using this toner the redness is almost non-existent, my spots have reduced massively and the ones I get don't flare up like they used to and are gone within a couple of days. The scarring on my chin from teenage spots has pretty much disappeared and my skin is a lot less oily. My forehead is no longer like a slip and slide come the afternoon and makeup stays where it should be. If you're umming and ahhing about adding a toner to your skincare routine I would say DO IT!!

3. St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse - Medium
Now when it comes to fake tan I am no expert in fact I am a complete novice! I can never get it right, I'm always left looking patchy even with the ones that promise a flawless even tan. I'm no good with those tans that develop over a couple of hours either as I can never tell where I've put it so I am always on the look out for instant tans. I picked up this St. Moriz tan in Bodycare (or Grahams depending on where you live) for wait for it...£2.99!! Bloody bargain! It went on really easily and gave a great natural looking colour, it also dried really quickly and I had no colour transfer onto my clothes or bedding. This tan says it's a wash off tan but actually I found that it stuck around for a few days even after showering everyday.

Another product I have forgotten to add to this list is a product I actually got in a Glossybox, the Nip + Fab Dry Skin Fix body butter in Coconut Latte. This made the dry skin on my leg completely vanish and helped my tan go on really evenly, the dry patches on my legs used to mean tan never really took to the front of my shins and would look really odd. I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

4. Daisy by Marc Jacobs
This has been my scent of the spring/summer, my husband bought this for me when he went away to work in Abu Dhabi and I have been wearing it ever since. I think it's the first time I have ever wanted to wear a perfume every day and I'm nearly all out of it, usually perfumes last me years! I really want to try the Sunshine version of this next.

5. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
A beauty bloggers staple that I have finally started using, I am a real concealer freak and I always go for more expensive ones and have shunned the Collection concealer for too long. This will now have a permanent place in my makeup bag for sure! It's really good for under the eyes as well as covering up any blemishes or redness, it gets a massive two thumbs up from me.

6. MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC15
This was another airport purchase, I went a little nuts as you can tell. This gives really good coverage and it lasts all day, it's great for when I am having a bad skin day or if I'm going out and I know I want something a bit more durable. The only thing is I'm not sure it's the right colour for me, under the lights of the store it looks fine but when I'm in natural light it looks a little too dark. It is a very full coverage foundation and it feels a little waxy when its dry so if you like a more natural finish I would say this isn't for you but if you have problem areas you want to hide then go for it!

7. NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Mont Blanc
I have wanted to try this foundation for a long time, but I have never really felt that I had good enough skin for it. But now my skin has cleared up loads thanks to the REN products I decided now was the time to give it a go. This foundation has become my absolute favourite foundation, it gives surprisingly good coverage but it looks and feels a lot more natural than the MAC foundation. On the packaging it says NARS works to complement your natural skin and I would say it does exactly that, it really makes my skin glow and I hate having to take it off at night as I just want to leave it on all the time. It's not cheap at £30.50 and you have to pay another £3.00 if you want the pump but I would say it was £33.50 well spent!

8. MUA Undressed Too eyeshadow pallet
I have had this for a while but not used it as I only really used eyeshadow when I went on a night out, after watching umpteen Tanya Burr tutorials I decided it was time I started paying more attention to my eye makeup and so dipped into my collection to see what I had. I have been really loving the subtle colours in this pallet and they are great for everyday looks, I was worried I might look over made up for work but I think a bit of eyeshadow brightens up my whole face. 

Sorry this was quite a long wordy post, but I have really loved all of these products and I just wanted to tell you all about them. I'd love to know what you've been using this month or if you too share a love for any of the products I've mentioned.

Comments

Popular Posts