Ten Reasons Why #3


In the words of Jessie J, 'It's all about about the money, money, money...' and that other dude, 'Money on my mind, my mind on my money...' or something like that.

My name is Ashleigh and I'm a spend-a-holic, when I have no money I spend my days searching the internet planning what I am going to buy when I have some and when I have money it soon disappears. Even worse, when I know I have an amount of money coming, like when my husband works extra jobs, I have spent it before it's even in his hands. 

I have always been this way, when I was at uni my friends used to say I spent like I was a millionaire, and I'd buy all sorts of rubbish. When I left uni I had to curb my habit as spending like a millionaire when you are actually nothing of the sort definitely has its repercussions! However now me and my husband both have really good jobs and income is on the up so is my spending, only now it's not just me I have to think about it's my girls too. I'm like a woman obsessed when it comes to buying stuff for my girls, there isn't anything too expensive or ridiculous. They don't have designer wardrobes worth £1000's or anything that daft I just make sure they have nice things, clothes etc. always come from Next or H&M, but if they wanted something extravagant for Christmas there is no doubt that I would make sure they had it. Don't get me wrong, we're by no means well off, in fact some months we live hand to mouth, but that doesn't stop me thinking about spending...

I realised I haven't done a 'Ten Reasons Why' post in a while so after a going on a little spending spree yesterday I thought I'd do one about why I love spending money...

Ten Reasons Why...I like spending money
1. I love stuff!
2. It gives me a sense of achievement when I finally get to buy something I have wanted for a long time.
3. It makes me feel happy when I buy things for other people, especially my girls.
4. It makes me feel generous, even though shops really don't need me to share my money with them.
5. I am contributing to the failing economy (that's as far as I go when it comes to politics).
6. It never fails to cheer me up when I'm feeling low.
7. You can't take it with you...
8. Seeing the look on my girls face when I get them something they really want, priceless!
9. Buying new make up and clothes takes my mind off turning 30 and keeps me feeling young!
10. I know money can't buy you happiness, but it sure takes your mind off all the things that make you sad.

If you have a problem just like me, I appreciate this will have done nothing to sway you from hitting the shops during your lunch break but I'd love to hear why you like spending money. 


Comments

  1. Brilliant post! I am in total agreement with you, ten very good reasons.

    I have a plaque on my wall saying "I hate spending money, but the economy needs me" It's true, I live by this, I mean I'm keeping retail assistants in work right?!

    I can also justify anything, definite fellow shop-a-holic!

    xo

    http://the-shelley-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I think I should get on of those, may be then my husband would understand I do it got the greater good!

    Thanks for the lovely comment xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts