My new favourite face...

I have recently had a bit of change up when its to my makeup (re. previous post) and I have to say I am loving it!

After discovering the NARS Sheer Glow/Matte I never thought I'd use another foundation again, but whilst in Vegas I found the Estee Launder Double Wear foundation to be really cheap so obviously I had to give it a try. I got the shade 1CO Shell and it is a perfect match for my skin tone, I think I will go a shade darker in the Summer though.


The staying power of the Double Wear is absolutely amazing, it stays put well into the evening even after being applied at 6.30am! The coverage is really good too, I don't need to worry about any blemishes or spots being on show and it evens out my skin tone perfectly. Since using the Estee Launder Double Wear my skin has been really good, I've had no breakouts, which sometimes happens when I use a long wear foundation. It doesn't feel too cakey either which is something I find with the MAC long wear foundations, they can feel really waxy but the Double Wear is nothing like that. It still feels like a natural finish and I don't need to use too much of it to get the coverage I need. 

Nice white teeth courtesy of BlanX White Shock
I then add the Sephora setting powder over the top and it just gives my face a little lift as I'm so fair, and then the Sephora highlighter/blush/bronzer to my cheeks. Mascara wise I'm opting for the YSL Babydoll in black these days, I did try the YSL Shocking but found it was shocking for all the wrong reasons but that's a whole other post...

My brows are always something I battle with, no matter how often I pluck them I always find little stays, I also have have an odd little bald patch in one where I had a bit of a DIY fringe cutting disaster when I was a kid. In Vegas I picked up a fab Sephora brow pencil that has more of a gel texture to it, similar to the gel liners, it also has a little brush on the end of it which helps me tame them and sort out a little brow comb over for my baldy patch.

I will definitely be repurchasing the Estee Launder Double Wear Foundation and I would encourage anyone who hasn't already jumped on the bandwagon to do so immediately! Sometimes it pays to shake things up a little and not get too stuck in our ways, I'm glad I did as I could not be happier with my new favourite face.

Which new products have you tried and loved?


Comments

  1. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beautiful,
    I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Like your blog and I’ll be happy to see you in my!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and more importantly comment. Muchos appreciated mwah xx

Popular Posts