It's been a while...

Oh hello again long time no blog

I do apologise it has been a while since my last blog, you must bare with me I am very new and also very lazy when it comes to blogging.

Well after piling on a few pounds after actually losing my baby weight I have decided to join Slimming World, it was either go on a diet or have another baby, I opted for the cheaper yet much harder option. I'm coming to the end of week three now and after a relatively good week on the scales last week, considering I had an extravagant circus themed hen weekend to attend, I am hoping to do even better this week. I have nothing standing in my way of reaching my 4lb goal, but somehow I don't think my goal will become a reality. I know I know you have to think positive when on a diet but it's very difficult to concentrate in meetings when everyone's head suddenly becomes a giant cake.

I have to say Slimming World has seemed to be one of the easier diets I have tried; it is based on a very simple healthy eating plan. Forget counting the calories or adding up your daily points all you need to do it stick to two simple lists of food that are essentially free and super free. This is all of your fruit and vegetables, pulses, rice, pasta, potatoes and meats. You can eat as much of these foods as you like as long as you make sure every meal is made up of a third super free, then you have your syns which is basically all the good stuff.

It has been quite difficult for me to get my head round the school of thinking that pasta and potatoes are no longer bad foods, with every other diet I have tried these foods have held I points values or been cut out all together. I don't know how it works but it definitely does, it must just be magic. I have to say I am a real food lover, I love eating out, I love cooking new meals for the family but most of all I love baking. I love all things sweet and chocolaty and I really enjoy baking with the kids, if I could I would live off cake. There is nothing more enjoyable to me than settling down on the sofa with a cup of tea and big slice of cake. Having to say no to cake is probably one of the most depressing things about being on a diet. So if any of you know any good, extremely low fat cake recipes you could pass on that would be great.
(After reading this paragraph back to myself I am now drooling, not a good start).

It is the dreaded weigh day tomorrow so I will keep you updated and in the mean time everybody think thin!

Comments

Popular Posts